The DVL can overheat if its software is updated whilst it is out of water, which can lead to structural damage and subsequent hardware failure. Placing it in a bucket of water, for example, should ensure sufficient cooling.
Automatic software update
The DVL's GUI automatically checks and indicates if a new software version is available.
- Connect the DVL over ethernet to a network connected to the internet. If on a personal computer, it may be necessary to make a network bridge between a network interface (such as wifi) which has access to the internet and the ethernet interface through which the DVL is connected.
- Go to http://[IP_ADDRESS_OF_THE_DVL]:9000 in a web browser.
- The GUI will automatically check if there is a new version available, and if so, initiate installation of it with a single click.
Offline software update
If it is not possible to connect the DVL to the internet, one can proceed as follows.
- Find the current version and chip ID of the DVL at Menu -> About in the GUI.
- Manually download an update package (
.wlup) from the update server using the chip ID.
- Verify if the downloaded version is newer than the currently running version.
- Navigate to http://[IP_ADDRESS_OF_THE_DVL]:9000 in a web browser.
- Select 'Manual upload' and then upload the downloaded